November can be a happy new month filled with celebrations, family gatherings, good things, and special memories. But it can also bring its own stress and problems as life gets busier.
These prayers for November, along with a list of prayer points with November, can provide great ideas on what to pray for and pray through during this eleventh month of the year.
There are 5 prayer themes for the month, as well as a list of 30 prayer requests to pray through for the month. Use them for your own devotional time, or share them at church in a small group or prayer time.
These prayer sheets are especially helpful if you need a quick printable prayer sheet for a prayer meeting. We have other months available; see this link to check which months have been covered. Many themes are not specific to the month, and can be used year around.
The prayers that follow the prayer points are sample prayers to inspire your own prayers from the heart. If it is helpful to you, you can pray through them, as long as you pray with a genuine heart.
A FREE November prayer planner is included at the end of this post, with a prayer request focus for each day of the month, and 5 in-depth prayer sheets to pray thoroughly through a meaningful theme of Christian life.
Powerful Prayer for New Month of November
With 30 different prayer points, there’s a prayer request for each day of the month! Don’t miss the free printable list of prayer requests for November, included in the printable at the end of this post. They are a great addition to your daily prayers.
The prayer points below cover some of the activities and concerns that are common to November. Some of these concerns are year-round. The activities may vary depending on where you live.
Prayer Points for the Month of November
- For upcoming plans for the rest of the year
- For safety for those who feel vulnerable
- For commitments at church, that God would give you guidance and wisdom
- To be faithful in giving
- For those who struggle with regular sleep patterns
- For Thanksgiving plans for those who don’t have any
- For healing of difficult family relationships
- For God to show you areas where you need to trust Him
- Pray for brave men and women who have honorably served their country
- For physical strength and good health for difficult days
- To reject thoughts that are untrue
- For support from others during difficult times
- For compassion for others whose experiences you don’t understand
- For Christians who don’t think God can forgive them, that they would see that He will forgive them
- For those who need to find help from a counselor, that they would find a helpful Christian counselor
- For those who don’t know who to reach out to, that they would find a compassionate person who can help
- For medical professionals
- For those who deal with chronic pain
- For those who want to find a friend
- For teachers to be resourced so they can equip students with the skills they need
- For friendships to be helpful and not harmful
- For freedom from habits that harm us
- To be grateful for our loved ones
- For provision for those who don’t have a roof over their head tonight
- For Christian people who don’t have access to a church or other believers, that God would provide fellowship for them
- For the Gospel to reach the leaders of nations
- For churches as they plan their Christmas outreaches
- For food banks, that they would have many donations and volunteers
- For wisdom for missionaries on how to share God’s hope where they are
- For people who have turned away from God, that He would soften their hearts
I hope these prayer points will be a blessing to you as you pray for November.
New Month Prayer for November
We are so thankful for the month of November. We anticipate the upcoming holidays with joy. We are grateful for the many blessings in our lives.
As we make preparations for the days ahead, may we seek to glorify You! May we look to You for our provision and our guidance. May we bless You with what we do each day.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Prayers for November: Thankfulness for God’s Provision
If we trust in God’s will and His sovereignty, we will find that we have all we need for His plan for our lives! Sometimes this will feel like lack, but other times it will be a sweet abundance.
When we feel entitled to a certain acknowledgement or a particular lifestyle, we may be serving our pride more than serving the kingdom of God. Being thankful combats this way of thinking.
Let’s pray through these prayer points on being thankful for God’s provision.
Prayer Points for Thankfulness for God’s Provision
- Be thankful in prayer to God for everything. “Giving thanks always concerning all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, to God, even the Father.” Ephesians 5:20
- Pray for thankfulness as our Almighty God provides what you need each day. “Give us today our daily bread.” Matthew 6:11
- Pray to honor the Lord with thanksgiving. “I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.” Psalm 69:30
- Pray that you will see how God provides for your joy. “Also delight yourself in the LORD , and he will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:4 WEBBE
- Pray for understanding of God’s dominion. “For every animal of the forest is mine, and the livestock on a thousand hills. I know all the birds of the mountains. The wild animals of the field are mine. If I were hungry, I would not tell you, for the world is mine, and all that is in it.” Psalm 50:10-12
Prayer for Thankfulness for God’s Provision
Thank You that we have so much to be grateful for! There is so much that we take for granted.
We thank You most for salvation, for the Gospel that changes our hearts and our lives.
We pray that we would have thankful hearts throughout the year!
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Prayers for November: Guidance for Government Leaders
Where we live can affect our ability to freely worship God and share Him with others. Government leaders can play a big role in these freedoms.
Whether or not a leader is a Christian, we need to be praying for them. What they do affects not only our everyday life, but the direction of our country.
Prayer Points for Government Leaders
- Pray for the leaders to pursue godly lives. “I exhort therefore, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and givings of thanks be made for all men: for kings and all who are in high places, that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and reverence.” 1 Timothy 2:1-2
- Pray for leaders to turn away from sin and turn to God. “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves, pray, seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14
- Pray for leaders to pursue God’s will for the country. “Let your Kingdom come. Let your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.” Matthew 6:10
- Pray for leaders to walk humbly. “He has shown you, O man, what is good. What does the LORD require of you, but to act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?” Micah 6:8 WEBBE
- Pray for leaders to look to the Lord for their strength. “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” Psalm 46:1
Prayer for Government Leaders
Dear Lord God,
Thank you for the men and women who serve our country in positions of leadership. May You use them to accomplish Your purposes.
We pray that they would serve humbly and selflessly in their duties. Give them strength and wisdom as they undertake both small and big projects.
May they honor You today!
In the name of Jesus, Amen.
Prayers for November: Gratitude for God’s Love and Grace
One of the scriptures that can impress on us the need for God each day is Psalm 3:3 WEBBE. “But you, LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, and the one who lifts up my head.”
The “one who lifts my head” reminds us of how God sustains us in our own lives, in so many ways. He gives us life each day, and He provides for us. But He also does not let our sins or unholiness crush us.
Through our redemption, and by the power of the Holy Spirit, He empowers us to serve Him with good works! We can be thankful for God’s love and grace in our lives.
Thankful Prayer Points for God’s Love and Grace
- Thank God for His kindness. “I have called on you, for you will answer me, God. Turn your ear to me. Hear my speech. Show your marvelous loving kindness, you who save those who take refuge by your right hand from their enemies.” Psalm 17:6-7
- Thank God for His grace. “But you, Lord, are a merciful and gracious God, slow to anger, and abundant in loving kindness and truth.” Psalm 86:15
- Thank God for His protection. “How precious is your loving kindness, God! The children of men take refuge under the shadow of your wings.” Psalm 36:7
- Thank God for His enduring love. “Oh give thanks to the God of heaven; for his loving kindness endures forever.” Psalm 136:26
- Be thankful for the mercy of God. “Have mercy on me, God, according to your loving kindness. According to the multitude of your tender mercies, blot out my transgressions.” Psalm 51:1
Prayer of Gratitude for God’s Love and Grace
Thank You for sustaining us each day. Your mercies are precious to us.
We pray, Heavenly Father, that You would help us everyday to be more thankful. Your compassion and grace in our lives is abundant.
Thank You for Your amazing love! May we reflect that in our lives today.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Prayers for November: Thanksgiving for God’s Promises
The Bible is full of God’s truth! In addition to the history and the theology are promises that we can ponder and find much comfort and strength.
We need to be careful that we don’t turn every verse into a promise; look at the context. Some Scriptures that are claimed as promises were meant for the person or people in that situation.
Here are just a few of the promises that we can see in the Bible.
Thanksgiving Prayer Points for God’s Promises
- Thank God for salvation. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.” John 3:16
- Thank God that He will never leave you. “For he has said, ‘I will in no way leave you, neither will I in any way forsake you.’” Hebrews 13:5b
- Thank God for His peace available through prayer. “In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
- Thank God for the mercy He gives us. “Let’s therefore draw near with boldness to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and may find grace for help in time of need.” Hebrews 4:16
- Thank God for His provision. “My God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19
Prayer of Thanksgiving for God’s Promises
We are thankful for all the promises we find in the Holy Bible. What a treasure they are, from our faithful God!
We pray that we would read and understand Your Word, and that we would stand firm in Your promises for us.
Thank You for Your great mercy and compassion on us, that You would make any promises to us! We are blessed by Your promises to us.
In the name of Christ Jesus, Amen.
Prayers for November: Strength to Persevere
Being busy can make challenging times even more difficult! We can struggle to have the patience, strength, or endurance to get through challenges under the best of circumstances, but a busy schedule makes things harder.
As we head into a busy time of year, we need to be praying for strength to persevere. God uses trials in our lives for growth in our relationship with Him, and to accomplish His purposes. We can look to Him for what we need during these times.
Prayer Points for Strength to Persevere
- Pray for endurance during trials. “For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that through perseverance and through encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.” Romans 15:4
- Pray for power during challenges. “Strengthened with all power, according to the might of his glory, for all endurance and perseverance with joy.” Colossians 1:11
- Pray to seek the Lord’s strength. “Seek the LORD and his strength. Seek his face forever more.” 1 Chronicles 16:11
- Pray to pursue perseverance. “But you, man of God, flee these things, and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness.” 1 Timothy 6:11
- Pray for perseverance during sufferings. “Not only this, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope.” Romans 5:3-4
Prayer for Strength to Persevere
You know what we are facing, and what lies ahead. We trust You for all of it.
We pray that You would grow endurance, patience, perseverance, and hope in us as we face these challenges.
Remind us of Your power, strength, and love each day!
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Printable Prayer Planner Journal
This printable includes:
- A list of 31 prayers for November
- Prayer Points for Thankfulness for God’s Provision
- Prayer Points for Guidance for Government Leaders
- Prayer Points for Gratitude for God’s Love and Grace
- Prayer Points for Thanksgiving for God’s Promises
- Prayer Points for Strength to Persevere
- Plus a Printable Prayer Journal sheet after each of these pages.
You can use this FREE printable prayer planner journal for your own personal use. If you want to share it with someone, please link them to this post. Do not sell the digital file or sell a printed version of the file.
Looking for free Christian Printables?
Free Bible-themed Printables
Free Bible Verse Printables
Free Black and White Bible Verse Printables – Wall Art and Verse Cards
Free Christian Coloring Page Printables
Free Bible Verse Bookmark Printables
For digital products for sale, visit the Hope Filled Faith Etsy shop.
These prayers for November are a way to help you spend time in prayer, even when you are busy with holiday plans. Print out the prayer planner and spend some time each week praying through the prayer points and other prayer concerns you may have.
You will not regret time spent in prayer! May these prayers for November and prayer prompts for November draw you closer to the Lord this month.
Thank You for the person who is reading this. I pray that You would help them feel closer to You today through prayer.
Give them strength and guidance as they go through the month of November. Help them serve You each day.
I ask that You would bless them today!
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.